25 September 2008

Rumors

Today I was talking with a dear friend about rumors that we had heard about ourselves that are not true- not just because people should know you better, but because the logistics of the rumor just can't "work out". So, I"m curious, what rumors have you heard about yourself (or family) that weren't true.

Mine:

When Jared and I were dating we went to Las Vegas (and Utah) to visit some friends of his in the Air Force. We took a dear friend down To Vegas who had never been there. When I got back up to Utah from the trip we went to Deseret Book and bought new CTR rings and scriptures (typical mormon thing to do). When I arrived back in MA the rumor had gone around the Institute Class that we had gotten married in Vegas and I couldn't break it to my dad. (We really should have gottne married on our trip.) However, we didn't get married. We spent all but an hour with our friends and in that hour away we drove up to the temple to talk. (No we didn't get engaged- or make out, we just talked). It took weeks for everyone to get over looking at my scriptures (to check out the last name) and to stop talking about us getting married. I still laugh about this one big time!

And, I heard a rumor 2 weeks ago that Jared was having an affair with another friend when she was 9 months pregnant. Okay, any one who believed that just needs to think- why in the world would anyone that is 9 months along step out in her own marriage? Put yourself in her shoes, did you want anyone in your business when you are that far along? I sure didn't- I couldn't even bend over to tie my shoes- the last thing I want is some lovin'. Think about it. Also, what happens when she goes into labor and it's not her hubby that does it- kind of a hard thing to explain to your husband (and kids) "umm, honey, I'm in labor. I"m at the hospital and so and so drove me". Makes you think about things a little differently when you actually think through the logistics of it. This supposedly happend 2 years ago.

Any way, rumors. Don't we all have better things to do than spread them or listen to them? I'm not trying to stand on a soapbox about this cause I've spread my fair share (and if they were about you, I'm sorry), however, I don't have the time to deal with all the "crap" that rumors cause. I love to hear your comments/ false rumors too, cause I know we all have something being tossed around. :)

PS I'm not offended or hurt by the rumors- anyone who knows me knows that I don't "give a crap" about what is or has been said, however, I know there are people out there who are sensitive to those things.

7 comments:

Aimee said...

I am so hurt no jk like you I dont really give a crap but it doesnt make them hurt any less I think we can all do better things with our time then make up BS stories about others. I know I have had a few goods ones spread about me and who ever started them THANKS! I love drama!

Sarah said...

If I have ever had a rumor circulated about me I have not known about it- I'm simply to disconnected with society (or self-involved) to pay attention or to actually care.

Anonymous said...

I remember that rumor about you guys getting hitched. In fact I think it was YOU who came back and told me and a Uncle Scar that you got hitched, and it took weeks for you to come clean that you really didn't!!!! Hahahahaha! However, you are right, it's funny what people spread around. :o)

Mason Family said...

Hey Ho, I recall getting phone calls from MA about getting married before I even left UT. I know that I didn't start that one. :) Especially when our insitute teachers are eyeing us the whole class time. Remember that prank?

Tammy said...

PS I love that you have my blog under my maiden name!

warcolby said...

I'm trying right now to think of a good rumor to make up about you. I wish people would spread rumors about me. My big fear is that people aren't talking about me. and I think anything I heard about you you told me. I have one doozy that you shocked me with when i first met you at the park play group. but i'll save it for a private facebook conversation--juicy!!!

Veronica Bartles said...

When Phil and I got engaged only 19 days after we met, the rumor went around the University of Wyoming that we had to get married because I was pregnant with triplets! What I couldn't ever figure out was how in the world I would even know I was pregnant in less than 3 weeks (how would I even know I missed a period?) - And how could I possibly know that it was triplets that early???? Those triplets took forever to get here, though - longest pregnancy in history! The first one (Ben) didn't come until almost 3 years after I "conceived" according to rumor - and then it took 2 years to get the second "triplet" (Emily) and 2 years after that before I got my third "triplet" (Becky)!!! Poor Katie apparently had to wait until after we were married to be conceived - but if my pregnancies take that long, she must have been conceived while I was still pregnant with part of the "triplets".......

Talk about impossible logistics!