So, I've been tagged by Colby. http://wackywarnocks.blogspot.com/
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the Person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
5. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
Six things:
1. I can not dry off in the shower after I shower. I have to be out of the bathroom to dry off (ie: my room). Don't know why, but I think it has to do with being in such a small space (the shower) and the bathroom isn't much bigger.
2. I have to have clean feet before I go to bed. I'll wash them in my bathroom sink before I go to sleep. I just can't sleep with nasty stuff on them. Yucky!
3. When I drink soda I mix 2/3 Dr. Pepper with 1/3 Rootbeer (in that order). The Rootbeer takes the bite off of Dr. Pepper.
4. I talk to myself, especially when I am stressed out. I replay fights or conversations in my head until it drives me nuts. I start talking outloud (not like audible loud, but my lips move and I mumble) and get upset about the situation. Then instead of letting it go after, it just nags at me until I have to decided that I am over it.
5. I hate making phone calls or asking for things (help, blessings, etc). It takes me a long time to psyche myself up to make a phone call (about 10 or 15 minutes). I have to gi through this routine in my head very similar to what a coach would be saying to psyche up his team before a game. I really hate the phone. Once I'm comfortable calling that person then I"m okay, but it takes 15 or 20 calls to them before I don't have to go through that routine. If I need to say something that is buggine me or that I need help with, it takes hours, sometimes days for me to be able to ask for it. Again I go through the whole psyched up routine, but it takes a lot longer for me to be motivated- and I don't get any more comfortable with it the next time I have to do it.
6. I HATE taking my kids in public (defined as: anything outside the walls of their bedroom). I KNOW that they won't obey (no climbing in the cart, no running, no computer/ tv). I also know that the house/ car/ table at teh restaurant will be trashed with in 5 minutes of them stepping foot of the area. So, I give up. I let them come out of their rooms at least 1 time a day. I continue to take them to the store (and apologize to everyone for the tantrums, running in the store, and climbingon any structure taller than a step ladder). And I will still take them out to eat- I'd rather leave the mess for someones else to clean up once (cause I am so over cleaning up the mess of my kids- I've considered feeding them outside and just spraying things down, but then I'd have to wind the hose up and I don't have that much energy.)
Thanksgiving in Colorado
1 week ago

4 comments:
Oh my gosh you crack me up...YOU WASH YOUR FEET BEFORE YOU GO TO BED?!!! Loved reading about that, isn't it funny the little quirks we get or have, just makes us who we are. I'm sure your bed appreciates the clean feet, do you make your hubby do it too? =0) Love ya Kate!
Ok, I knew you were quirky but this stuff is revealing. I'm with you on the phone thing. Infact I'm remembering a few awkward conversations with you. (on my part i mean!!). So I've never used the term LOL but i was on this post.
Wow! No wonder we get along so well! I am completely with you on the shower thing (I always have to go into my bedroom to dry off), the phone/asking for help thing (as you well know), the taking kids out in public thing (I informed my kids recently that, even if we're in danger of running out of food, I refuse to go to the grocery store again unless they are all at school at the time - luckily I have my food storage!)and the clean feet before bed thing too (I even make Phil clean his feet before he can get in bed with me)!!!
wow, I have the same exact phobis about the phone. I'm so bad, I rarely answer a phone call and Kevin listens to all my messages. Then I call the person back (sometimes) about 3-7 days later... I wonder why this is?
Post a Comment