Some of you know that I am now big into using coupons when I shop. Using them has really made a difference in how much I am getting versus spending. I want to start off by saying that I do have a small (at least 2 months) worth of food storage of food that we eat. Before Coupons my monthly food budget was $200.00 a month, so that meant we get only what we need and stocked up on items that were ridicuously cheap. Usually that would by enough to get you through the week (milk, bread, eggs butter and meat). Anyway, I've since jumped into the coupon world and I am saving a lot (50% or more on my grocery bill) and I'm building up my food storage muuch faster than before.
The first thing that you have to do is think of coupons as money, not as a dicsount. If you treat them as cach and think of them that way, then your attitude about clipping them changes and you feel bad when you are throwing money into the trash.
Here are the websites that I use: www.hotcouponworld.com www.afullcup.com www.coupons.com and all their related links to printable coupons and product websites (betty crocker, pillsbury, pepsi, etc). I use a seperate email account for the signups and to get coupons.
I also buy the Sunday paper. I usually 4 copies, but if there are really good coupons I'll buy more (usually 4 or 5) (buy your Sunday paper at Dollar Tree, it's only a buck, not 2). I cut the coupons and organize them into catergories (baking, meats and dairy, fruit, frozen, cleaning, toiletries, pets, snacks, etc.) I also keep all of the same brand of coupons paper clipped together for easy access with the ones expiring first at the front.
I'll search on the 1st 2 websites (this is where I don't have to spend a lot of time because the hard work is done for you) the store locations in my area and their sales. With that, they will tell what coupon to use and from what source (this is why it is a good idea to have a few papers handy and to save your coupons). Often times you will get killer deals (free or making money on the item). I can print out the shopping list, grab my coupons and go when I need them. If I don't like the deals that are going on (the discount isn't great before using the coupon) and my coupon doesn't expire for a while then I'll hold on to it and shop around.
I save the ads for the grocery stores and for the drug stores each week and scan them for things that might have been missed on line; I don't spend more than 5 minutes for paper when I scan. If I find something that I need then I circle it, grab the coupon(s) and attach them to the paper and then I take the paper and the grocery list with me to the store and just get what I need from that store. This has saved me time and money even though I'm "running" from store to store. I'm in and out and not walking the aisles looking for deals or buying things that I don't need.
When you print coupons online, you have to install the coupon printer (just takes a few minutes). After your coupon prints the first time always hit the back button and then refresh and it will print the coupon again. It is legal for you to print 2 of each coupon. Also, print them in black and white, they are still valid and there is no reason to waste your colored ink. Also, keep extra paper on hand so that you don't run out half way through printing!
Also, sign up for rebate programs at the stores, keep all your value cards in one spot and keep your receipts until the end of the month. You will be surprised at how much you have and how much you save. It is always a good idea to keep a copy of each store's coupon policy so that if a checker questions you on something, you can pull out the proof. :) (you can find this on line at their websites).
When I find a killer deal I will call a friend and let them know. Sometimes I will even take a friend shopping with me, she might have a coupon that you need or vice versa. And 2 eyes are better than one when scanning the shelves for those unpublished deals!
Good luck and have fun shopping. It feels really good to get stuff and for an awesome deal! If you have any other helpful couponing suggestions, other websites, etc. , please comment - We could all use any "help to save money in these economic times".
Thanksgiving in Colorado
1 week ago

1 comment:
http://mormonmommyblogs.blogspot.com/
good blog!
Post a Comment