
Right now I had been planning on posting about how wonderful Cole is and how grateful I am to have him as my son, however, I am not in that sort of mood. I have been trying to get that little monster to bed for 3 hours now and I am so, far, nor successful. I'm not sure if it's the time change, his birthday or boredom that he is refusing the blissful (and much needed) slumber to that of the glowing lure of the computer.
Any way, I really am so amazed at how very smart Cole is. He is constantly surprising me by what he knows about so many things down to the last little detail. He is very knowledgeable about so many things and is always sharing something with us. I am even proud of his new found talent of arm pit farting; it's not that I like it, but I am glad he has found something that is an interest of his. We are so very excited for Cole's upcoming baptism to be officially ranked among the memebers of the LDS church. What a great blessing it is for us to see him taking this big step in his life. We hope that his love for the truth and desire to learn grow infinantly as he continues to grow. I am so proud of his love from sprots; especially football, swimming and gymnastics. I love seeing you so happy, getting physical and mastering new skills so quickly that your coaches are in awe at what you can do. Continue to do this and you will go far. I am so grateful that you have goals and dreams (meaning the Olympics and playing for the Patriots- not managing BK) and we will do all that we can to help you achieve those things that you truly want to do. When I look at you I see a little boy that has grown into an almost big kid, yet your mind and intelligence have me in awe at what a special kid you are. I know that you know a lot more than most and that your understanding of even the most complex subjects are easy for you. You know how to push my buttons and are extremely stubborn (a trait from your mother), but I know that I am the one who is learning humility and patience from you. (I know for a fact that I was never as "bad" as this kids is, but I don't understand why I needed to learn these lessons from him. I must have stood in the wrong line in the pre- existance.) Cole, you are adored by your little brother and loved by your sister (trust me, she'll miss you one day). You truly are a blessing (though I am NOT feeling that way this very minute) and the light of my life. I do love you, though I don't always show it in ways that you understand. I am so excited to see who you become and what wonderful things that you will do in this world because I know that you will go far! I love you, Happy Birthday Cowboy!

5 comments:
Happy Birthday Cole! I hope you had a wonderful day and a very special baptisim day soon.
Happy Birthday! You look so much like your dad!
Happy Birtday Cole! I hope you have a great day.
Rashelle
Happy Birthday to you Happy birthday to you! You look like a monkey and you smell like one too!
J/K Happy Birthday COle we love and miss you more then words!
Luv the Zarges Fam
Wow, 8! What a huge milestone! Congrats!!
Post a Comment