Just kidding! Cole is having a really rough week at school. Kids are getting to him and he's reacting VERY badly! Yesterday I was up at the school for a very minor thing 3 times. (The school of course can't handle it). And today I am up there picking him up because "they had to clear the classroom for the other students safety". I've told, begged and pleaded with them to give us a para educator to help Cole with transitions, but they won't. When is the school going to learn that when mom and dad come up almost daily to deal with an issue, the prinicpal comes into the classroom to sit with a student until his parent pick him up and also has to clear the classroom it's a problem that the school needs to learn to deal with.
Cole has been home for almost 2 hours now and is not having any sort of problems. He is happy and cleaning (and listening). What am I going to do witht his kid (and possibly another kids with AS)??? Any one what to trade?

6 comments:
I feel bad for him not the class. What is AS?
It's Asperger's Syndrome- It's an Autism Spectrom Disorder. He's High Functioning Autistic- Just to make it easy for people to understand. :)
Quite familiar with that. Poor kid!!! STUPID SCHOOL. Our neighbors across the street have their daughter living with them b/c they were having the same prob in Alpine school district. So they pulled the kid out and transfered him to Jordan. It is a huge fighting up-hill battle. Good luck!!! FIGHT HARD!!!
It frustrating to me that the schools don't care more and try to help him more and I am not even related to him. Poor kid. I agree with you the school needs to learn to deal with this a bit better! Good luck with everything! I love the hair!
that is crazy!!! To clear the school and make the principal come in??? This is too much for a kid to deal with. Poor cole...
i would trade, but Porter has AS too... so ya in the same boat here! its it weird thought how they can be so calm and happy and seem so normal one minute and then something like a transition or change of routine and its one big meltdown? Porter is in a classroom with a special ed teacher that helps him with the transitions and also with trying to get him to socialize and learn how to do it. I hope they can get an aid to help Cole so you dont have to be up there picking him up all the time, that is ridiculous!
Post a Comment