It has been 20 days since Jared left us for his TDY in Afghanistan. We are all holding up. The kids are dealing with the stress in their own ways. Cole doesn't want to go to school and refuses to do homework. I can't blame him he has only 19 more days of school! Britain sings and dances everywhere. She totally lives in her own musical. Ashton just gets very angry with Jared. The other day he told Jared that he was a bad dad. Jared and I both had to laugh at that. He is such a little monster. Today he asked to see Jared's gun and wanted to know if there is a cow inside of it. (I know, that was random, but it's Ashton). I am working in the yard, in the house and just working. Of course I've had another bout of sinus crap and now I have a sunburn.
So far we haven't had to go to the hospital for anything. Usually we end up living there while Jared is away, so keep your fingers crossed.
For Mother's Day Brit was a doll. She made Ashton come in and kiss me awake. He is s silly kisser. Ashty has to lick his lips and get them really sloppy before he kisses you. I keep telling him that girls don't like sloppy kisses, but he doesn't get it. Brit surprised me with breakfast (As we were running out the door to church). She brought me a bowl of peanut butter and chocolate cereal with a ton of milk ( I don't drink milk) and some cold toast with about 1/4 cup butter on it. Of course, Cole refused to do anything for his mom other than the "crap he made at schoool". Cole said that I was prettier than a bull and my favorite thing to wear was a video game. I really don't know where he comes up with these things! What a fun little day.
If you need a laugh, then keep reading. Cole doesn't want to go to school. I am not a morning person and I don't put up with "crap" very well. One day, when I had to go into work Cole decided that he was going to put up a fight. I pulled into the school and told the kids to get out. Brit jumped out of the Durango, however Cole wasn't too keen to go. I jumped out, pulled him out of the car and locked the doors. He ran around the Durango with me chasing him for the better part of 5 minutes. Finally I caught the little sucker and carried him across the playground into the office. He kept grabbing poles as I was walking, so I tried to avoid them the best that I could. When I got into the office the Secretary looked at me a little confused. When I explained that Cole didn't want to school today she found the school nurse (she's Cole's buddy). It took 3 office women to hold him down so that I could escape back to my car and make a getaway. When I spoke to Cole about his behavior he said that he just wanted me to take him out to breakfast. So far, he's tried only 1 more time to not go to school, but I hear it every day that he isn't going to go. I am not looking forward to the day when he realises that we only live a block away from the house and it would be very easy to go home and skip at home.
We are all still alive and medicated in one way or another. We can't wait until Jared comes home, but in the mean time we'll have some of our own adventures. We miss our family and friends and can't wait a visit with them!
Thanksgiving in Colorado
1 week ago

2 comments:
you are amazing with three kids and no husband. I am such a baby, not sure I could handle my kids solo! The story of cole and school sounds like my my life with porter.. kind of worried me it will be the same even in 4 years when he is 7. Hang in there, and i hope you dont get sick!
Hey Kate. I found you through Wendy's blog. I am not sure if you remember me or not. Tammy Gifford now Ault. I can't believe how big your kids are. They are so cute!Cole is a mini Jared. It was good to check in on you. I have a blog to I will invite you...I have had a problem with random people making up wanted comments. I hope you don't mind me checking in and keeping in touch!
Post a Comment