26 May 2008

Memorial Day

Today has been one of those days for me. I never took any time before today to think about what is the true meaning of Memorial Day. It hit me when I turned on PBS and the National Memorial Day Concert was on. I payed attnetion and just let the words and music fill me. How amazing we are as a country; we've grown up and sacrificed so much for our freedoms. What a wonderful blessing it is to have so many freedoms and rights. If you haven't already, take a few minutes and think about those who have fought for our freedoms. Thank someone that has sacrificed thier time, their energy, their emotions for what we have gained. Going off to war is truly a sacrifice.

To top it off, Jared sent me some pics today of a Silent Vigil today. That hit home. We all really miss him and can't wait for him to come home. We are counting down the days- about 100 left.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: