I'm not trying to make people uncomfortable or upset or offended, but really? Do people not think about those little things that make their life great (spouse, the surprises, the friends?)...?? Seriously, I the know wishes were meant to be kind and sweet, which it totally is, but in the same token I'm sitting here - have been all night- alone. Made my own cake, took myself (and the kids out) for dinnner : Ice Cream and dessert: Pizza.
Looking back at all those "warm" holiday greetings all from afar makes me feel loved; loved by people far, far away from here and makes me really question who my real friends are locally; cause right now, I really don't know. I posted this quote on my FB today
"Don't make someone a priority in your life when you are only an option in their life"
I am totally okay that friends stole it (but playing it off as your own thing makes me mad). Right now this quote makes me think about A LOT of stuff. What am I doing that is taking time away from being the best me? I know a lot- a lot of stuff that could be cut out to make me a better (spouse/ mom/ neighbor/ employee/ self/ etc.). My resolution (though I don't admit that I like them) is to be better- and just that better than I have been, better than I am being now. With that said, I challange you to be better. Be a better friend, spouse, sibling, neighbor, church goer, employee, parent, child, etc. Just be better. Try a little harder. Stand a little taller and be a better you. I"m not asking for a drastic, full on change, just slight adjustments to who you currently are now. Forgive yourself for the little slip ups, love your self more, take better care of yourself... be better.
Thanks for letting me vent a little bit; I needed to get stuff of my chest. Things will be better in my house in the next few weeks; I know they will- they are going to be, I have faith.

2 comments:
Oh Kate, I am totally sorry about the sucky situation. I didn't even know it was your birthday. I send you belated wishes so that you will have a better week ;)
I am going through a similar situation of being frustrated about my friend status. I had GREATLY AWESOME friends back in San Angelo. I have been here in Augusta for five months now. Every type of "encounter" with friends old and new has happened because I practically had to beg them to happen. I am frustrated and feel quite alone. Jay is sympathetic, but can't really help out because he has either not been here (TDY) or has been in training and working nights. That has left him little time to help me develop any new friendships.
It really ticks me off. I don't think my expectations are too high.
So I am tired of waiting. I am creating my own fun and inviting people to all sorts of things. I found out at the ward Christmas party that other people feel the same way as I do. So instead of waiting for the RS to take the initiative, I am taking the it.
For me it feels so out of my comfort zone, and I don't think you should have to do it for your birthday, but I wanted to tlet you know that we were simpaticas on the subject that people suck!
I love your New Years Resolution. Just think about how much more loved we each would feel if everybody resolved to just be better! Well said girl :)
Sorry you had a rough birthday. I've said it before, I admire all the women (and men) who are raising their families alone while their spouses are serving our country. People really don't realize the burden you carry as a family and a spouse. Sending you hugs!!
Post a Comment