I definatly have a pre-tween on my hands. Brit is my lovely 8 year old (going on 25) daughter that insists everything be her way- her hair, clothes, food, attitude, etc. It drives me crazy. Right now she is into wearing tights with skirts (some too short for my liking) with a tank top layered under another shirt with some sort of cropped sweater/ jacket thingy on top. Her hair is always straight and long. Somehow I think the days of braids and bows has long passed.
Each day to see how she chooses to dress provides me with a little laugh. For instance: she went to school with a black shirt on with a black glittery cropped jacket. She wore a pale yellow skirt and MY black cowboy boots. She totally looked like a little bumble bee minus the wings. Hair was straight, held back by a black headband. (I so wish I had a picture, but I was running out the door to work as well). The next day's outfit was black leggings with too short denim skirt, with a white tank top underneath and brown and beige cut too low t shirt (hence the need for a tank top) with black running shoes. I tried to explain that brown and black usually don't mix well and in return was given the evil eye.
Poor Jared is coming home to a bigger, sassier girl that is longing to grow up way too fast. Her flaming red hair and attitude will make her stick out in anyone's mind (and one day I will appreciate those characteristics, but for now, not so much.
Good bye daddy's little girl; I will miss you. Please bring on a more kind and gentler tween.

2 comments:
I like to let the the things I don't like my children to wear "get lost" in the laundry. Michael brought home some too small wife-beaters from his Dads house. I just don't know where they got to. ;D
Good Luck is all I can say!!! Hello Gray hairs here they come...
Post a Comment