12 December 2010

Cut the crap

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!!

So, Ashton is our youngest that is so not the youngest. He acts like he's 25. He loves women and their bodies. He loves clothes and shoping and cares about his looks.  His thoughts are so grown up and he has always spoken very clearly and takes his time to word his sentances before he says them.  Jared and I are amused and entertained by this, so I was not taken back by this line:

"Mom, cut the crap. Santa isn't real."

Of course, I can't help but play it off- let me enjoy it a few more years.. So, my response "what are you talking about Ashton?"

"Mom, it's just old me that are retired who like to dress up and be Santa for fun

So, what do I say to this? NOTHING_ I don't respond at all.  I tried so hard to ignore his protests about Santa not being real.  He kills me.

The next day, we go to Jared's Squadron's Children's Holiday Party and the kids visit Santa.

Ashton asks for clothes and shoes - like our neighbors (how is 25, has a good job and expensive taste)..

Brit asks for a 4th puppy - are you kidding me??? another dog???- good heavens!

Cole asks for NOTHING. Finally a kid who wants NOTHING!!

Back to the story. I haven't given in and admitted anything. He tells me on a very regular basis (Since we've had the tree up) that mom's do all the shopping and hid presents under the bed. Taking a look right now, I can promise you all the presents aren't even in the house, let alone under my bed.

I don't want to give up this secret. Everyone has been playing along- even the neighbors whom Ashton adores has been playing along.

Can I ask, we did you "cut the crap"?

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am laughing pretty hard right now. He must be pretty funny to listen to sometimes. :) Cut the crap!! Love it :)