For the last 2 weeks, we've had some rather rough day. We know that things are going to start looking up, and they are, but sometimes we just get down. Well, today, I get home and open my mailbox to find a little box taped together with desk tape and covered in stamps. The familiar writing made me smile because I knew it was shipped from my Gunga. (Now, I have to explain- Gunga is our term of endearment for our grandfather on my dad's side. He is my kids great grandfather and into his 80's but still so full of love and life and can beat the hell out of you with his huge muscles). I open the box and find it filled with Werther's Origionals candy in their little gold foil. I dig around a little bit and find some beautiful earrings for Brit. After dumping the candy into a bowl (and it fills 4 cereal bowls)my fingernails get caught on something that is taped to the bottom of the box. It's money- 4 ten dollar bills with our names written across the front in black perminant marker. At this kind, thoughful act my eyes filled with tears and my belly full of laughs I felt his strong arms cut the distance and wrap around me and fill me with pure joy and happiness and made me miss the precious moments of growning up less than a half mile from his home- wishing now, more so than ever, that I could live closer so that my kids could delight in the joy of loving grand (and great grand) parents. I wish Gunga could have been present to see the smile that spread across my face. I know that his long distance love was heaven sent at just the right time and I am so greatful for it. Thank you Gunga.
(I know you are all jealous of me right now and wish you had your very own Gunga too- lucklily I have cousins that are lucky enough to feel his love every day!)
Thanksgiving in Colorado
1 week ago

1 comment:
That's so sweet! He's a great guy.
Post a Comment