Ok, so my little boy has really grown up in the last few months. I have noticed that he doesn't have a toddler face anymore, he's looking like a little boy. He is so cute and smart, but such a PAIN in the rear. So, I'll start with his antics.
Yesterday I was at work and he was home with Jared. Ashton wanted his SmartFood Popcorn heated up, so he put it in the microwave (the brand new one) and set it for 5 minutes!!!! Jared caught it right before it caught on fire.
Tonight, he wanted to heat up a biscuit, so he put it in for at least 3 minutes. I turned around to see smoke pouring from the microwave. Our rule from day 1 in the new house has been NO ONE UNDER 18 USES THE MICROWAVE- EVER! However, that doesn't stop them from using it!
The other night Ashton and I were laying in bed watching tv. A commercial came on for reading glasses. Ashton looks at me and says "Mommy, next year for your birthday I'm going to buy you new reading glasses so that you can read books to me". Ok- so cute and funny from him, but do I feel majorly guilty for not reading to him enough!
Driving down the road with the family enjoying the sunshine we see close to 100 bikers all taking rides. Right now Jared is obsessed with Motorcycles. He is hoping desperatly to talk his wife into getting him a new toy- I haven't given in yet. So, Ashton, being the giving child that he is says "Mommy, we are going to buy Daddy a green motorcycle on Friday so that he can ride it for his birthday". Note: Jared's Birthday is in 7 months. That's a long way for him to just have to look at the green motorcycle. Ashton is so sweet to his daddy. He is ALWAYS telling his daddy that he is going to buy him WHATEVER it is that Ashton sees that he thinks that Jared needs. We are hoping that Ashton is RICH so that he can live up to all these promises he is making to his daddy.
Yesterday we took our new little puppy out side with us while we were playing. The neighbor cop was washing his car. Ashton wanted to take Spanky over to meet the neighbors, so he walks over to the edge of the yard and the Cops Girl Friend meets Ashton. She asks about Ashton (name/ age). Ashton says "this is my dog Spanky. He is a boy and he has a penis". Yeah, we are really proud of that one. At least no one will be mistaking Spanky for a girl thanks to Ashton.
And my favorite:
Mom: Bugsy, where were you born?
Ashton: Hawaii.
Mom: No, you were born in CA
Ashton: No, Hawaii. Don't you remember when we went to the airport with out dad and you got me in Hawaii; then we got back on the plane and he picked us up?
Mom: No. You were born in CA. (I think he is remembering our trip to MA)
Today he is making me sad. He is so sick- feverish and cold and cuddly and nausiated. When he has that little twinge of starting to feel better there is no stopping him from putting on his "runnin' shoes" so he can go and ride his bike. (He is so in love with his Aunt Sarah for picking it up for him- thanks Granny Sand). It is so sad to see his little face when I tell him that he needs to stay in side and get some rest. Right now he is sleeping on the sofa with one of his furry cows in his tiny hand. I hope that he sleeps all night long, we both need the sleep. Oh, Bug, what a joy you are and what a shame that so many of our loved ones have to miss you growing up so quickly. I wish that I could just take this time and save it in a bottle (note to everyone reading this: this will probably be the ONLY time that I EVER say this about ANY of my kids). You are the cutest and smartest little boy! I LOVE YOU ASHTY!
Thanksgiving in Colorado
1 week ago

3 comments:
kate-i'm touched. you got me. especially cause you don't get mushy too much (as i claim to not do). if you find the bottle to trap the kids in let me know!!
ooh, and i think i never thanked you for sending the coupon info-someday kate, someday. and thanks for missing my craziness (my husband would be happy to send some your way) here's hoping our paths cross again!!
colby
ROTFL Ashton's dog introduction is priceless!
It's Also good to know I've endeared myself to someone. I hope the kid feels better soon.
You DO have some cute kiddos! I'm glad you're able to enjoy them! Sometimes I catch myself wishing the days by and then I have to remind myself that someday the days will be gone and I will miss these times!
Post a Comment