08 May 2011

Mother's Day

We all have our own thoughts and ideas about Mother's Day, but I can honestly say I don't love mother's day...  It's a combination of things, some very private pains and things that just feel burdensome.  I don't like to have to hand over complete control to Jared and the kids for the day- I am a control freek and they know it. I don't like to call people or say "Happy Mother's Day" or all that Jazz- again burdensome- as it is polite to do things like that.... So, here is my run down as a good mother's day- send me away to a warm, sunny beach with a cold drink in one hand.  Let me just lay there and close my eyes if I so choose.  Then have whatever sounds good to me  to eat ready asap.. a nice massage and pedicure also top my list of what I'd like.... But in reality, I just want my house clean, organized and quiet.  I want to be around my family (when they are all happy, angelic and obedient). And I don't want any stress or pressure or pretty much anything that would make me have to work or think about things.  Tonight, after everyone has long been asleep, here I sit, on line, doing laundry and watching happy days. Time to myself- something that is severly lacking in the daylight hours
Tonight, I will relish in the quiet and enjoy the rest of my Mother's Day- in peace.

Happy Mother's Day loved ones! I hope it has been wonderful and happy and filled with love!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have to admit the beach thing did sound good as you were describing it!

Debbie said...

Hi Kate I've just been catching up with your blog. It's a good way to get to know you. I'll send you an invite to my private blog if you are interested. I havnt updated it for a while though. Send me a private msg on Facebook with your email address